Intentional Gospel Proclamation
- MCN is an organization that values intentional Gospel proclamation. This means that without being offensive, we are always aggressively waiting for God’s timing to “give an answer to everyone who asks … the reason for the hope” that we have. (1 Peter 3:15)
- MCN values the laity and their role in God’s mission. Lay people are great relationship builders through which the Gospel can be proclaimed. While the MCN board does have pastoral advisors, only laity can serve as board members.
- MCN values the multiplication of the Gospel witness through networks. Individuals, organizations, congregations and schools, nationally and internationally, form a network that enables mission involvement.
- MCN values the capacity of congregations to be involved in mission and wants to empower them through the network to increase their ability to serve using best practices including age appropriate mission.
- MCN values congregational mentoring of other congregations for Gospel proclamation.
- MCN values good vetting of both long-term and short-term mission opportunities so that God’s work can be done safely and well.
- MCN values solid, Biblical training for individuals and congregations that recognizes that the mission belongs to God. Instruction in ESL, how to cross cultures, dealing with culture shock, appropriate methods of witness, etc., will be part of MCN preparation.
- Identifies Mission Opportunities Worldwide
Working with existing networks of Christian people groups and Cornerstone Congregations.
- Trains People to Talk about Jesus
Identifies existing barriers and effectively addresses them.
- Connects Interests to Opportunities
Multiply involvement in local, national, and international mission fields.
- Supports MCN Partners
Establish relationships to support short and long-term missions.
- Disciples at Home and Abroad
Intentionally integrating mission with long-term discipleship internationally and in your home congregation and neighborhood.