Two years ago, God called Tim & Diane to offer the ﬁrst years of their retirement serving Him through Stronghold Cambodia (SHC), a Christian Cambodian NGO in Sihanoukville, Cambodia, whose mission is to empower Cambodian communities for positive change through Christian care and learning. After completing two years, they believe God is calling them to continue at SHC but with divided time between promoting SHC in the USA and serving at SHC in Cambodia. In addition to teaching ESL to 3rd – 6th grade students, Tim is the SHC facility maintenance handyman and Diane promotes health & hygiene with students and their families as well as coordinates the SHC Family Sponsorship program. But, more importantly, as ambassadors for Jesus, they are intentionally building relationships both in Cambodia and in the USA to help connect people through God’s mission by sharing the love and hope of Jesus with the Cambodian people. Tim & Diane invite you to partner with them through your prayers and ﬁnancial support. With your help, the Esalas hope to return to Cambodia in December 2017.
The foundation for their ministry in Cambodia is connection based on John 15:5:
“I am the vine; you are the branches.
If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit;
Apart from me you can do nothing.”
Here are some prayer requests from us. Use them as you see fit:
- For Stronghold Cambodia (SHC) to remain focused on God’s mission to empower Cambodian communities for positive change through Christian care and learning.
- For Jesus’ love to guide and shine through Tim & Diane as they teach English to the SHC children and build relationships with the Cambodian people.
- For the SHC children to come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and in turn share the Good News of Jesus with their families.
- For our sons’ (Josh & Aaron) faith and marriages to be strengthened and that they grow in personal relationship with Jesus.
- For health, safety and well-being of our young grandchildren, Hadley and Oliver, while in daycare.
- For God to direct our paths to spiritual and financial partners to support us and SHC in His mission in Cambodia.
Any funds raised that exceed Mission Partner’s agreed upon stipend amount will become the property of MCN. In the alternative, excess funds may be used to support Mission Partner in missional activities under a new MOU, or Mission Partner may assign, after consultation with the Executive Director, any excess funds to one or more Mission Partners who are in good standing with MCN. The purpose for this is that any funds raised are to support missional activities throughout the world, and not for the financial benefit of MCN.